Toys for Tots, run by the United States Marine Corps Reserve, has been distributing toys since 1947 to children with parents and guardians that struggle to afford gifts.
Last year's Toys for Tots collection supported 6,411 children in the Lansing area, distributing just under 40,000 gifts.
Community members are encouraged to stop by one of the following 18 participating downtown businesses, or East Lansing City Hall at 410 Abbot Road, during the remainder of the city's second annual program to donate new, unwrapped toys.
There will also be a 19th donation bin at the East Lansing Marriott at 300 M.A.C. Ave., from 3 p.m. until 6 p.m. during the 2019 Winter Glow event.
Here are the participating East Lansing businesses:
- CRMC, 251 W. Grand River Ave.
- RetroDuck.com, 210 Abbot Road, Suite 32.
- Underground Printing, 209 M.A.C. Ave.
- Newman Lofts, 200 Albert Ave.
- The Landmark on Grand River, 205 E. Grand River Ave.
- The Peanut Barrel, 521 E. Grand River Ave.
- Campus Burger, 551 1/2 E. Grand River Ave.
- Harper’s Restaurant & Brewpub, 131 Albert Ave.
- Student Book Store, 421 E. Grand River Ave.
- Mackeral Sky Gallery, 211 M.A.C. Ave.
- Crunchy’s, 254 W. Grand River Ave.
- Woven Art, 325B Grove St.
- Sundance Jewelers, 330 Albert Ave.
- Buffalo Wild Wings, 360 Albert Ave.
- MSU Student Housing Cooperative, 541 E. Grand River Ave., #4.
- Massage & Wellness, 541 E, Grand River Ave., Suite 5.
- Splash of Color, 515 E. Grand River Ave., Suite F.
- Lou & Harry's, 211 E. Grand River Ave.