An unidentified group has painted over a memorial at the rock on Farm Lane for 8-year-old Spartan basketball fan Lacey Holsworth. As of Monday morning, the Rock was covered in a fresh coat of white paint with a message that reads: "Congratulations graduates...be a hero to someone" in green lettering.
The future of the former City Center II redevelopment site is looking even more uncertain as a large portion of the properties are in foreclosure.
_TAMPA, Fla. —_ Mitt Romney accepted the Republican presidential nomination on Thursday night in front of a thunderous crowd of Republican delegates at the Tampa Bay Times Forum and thousands watching across the U.S., forging ahead in a campaign largely centered on preserving the vision of America for future generations of young citizens.
- Lt. Gov. Brian Calley is a Breaking Bad fanatic, Gov. Rick Snyder not so much
- Scott Walker calls conservatives in Michigan, Wisconsin to action in November
- State News reporters watch the sky during travel to Florida for Republican National Convention
- Whitmer calls into question subcommittee chairman's objectivity
- Sen. Whitmer questions Genetski's ability as chairman of Higher Ed committee
- Gov. Rick Snyder heads to Europe
- Affirmative Action to be examined by Supreme Court
- In home state, Romney makes stand against Santorum
- Gay marriage wins key court case
- Speaking of Snyder...
- Feud between Mich. Senator, PR executive turns to name calling
- Troy's mayor met with protests after posting anti-gay remark on Facebook
- East Lansing development leader to serve as Flint emergency financial manager
- Snyder signs law to increase foster care age
- Republicans likely would have tough time bypassing Snyder in MSU funding debate
- Bill moves through legislature, requires (optional) recitation of pledge of allegiance
- Question leaves Rick Perry hanging at GOP debate
- Things to look for during Wednesday's GOP debate
- Campus political leaders share thoughts on national political scandal
- Snyder works to slim down himself, Michigan