In coming months, East Lansing residents might see more efforts to shift the city in a green direction. The East Lansing City Council discussed setting new, environmentally friendly goals through the expansion of a climate sustainability plan at their work session at 7 p.m. Tuesday at City Hall, 410 Abbot Road.
A new service unveiled Wednesday by the U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau allows students to see how their college compares in debt costs to those around the country. The Financial Aid Comparison Shopper allows students to see how their college stacks up against others, showing anticipated levels of debt after attending each college.
In an effort to retain more young people in Michigan, Gov. Rick Snyder said he will begin taking steps to improve transportation in the state’s southeast corner, hoping to attract more young people to the Detroit area.
A political godsend for Republicans came last Wednesday in time for Gov. Rick Snyder’s State of the State speech: new numbers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics showing Michigan’s unemployment rate had dropped to 9.3 percent — the lowest since September 2008.
Gov. Rick Snyder got an unexpected surprise Thursday — one he likely wasn’t happy about. Sparty, a rival of Snyder’s University of Michigan Wolverines, paid an unannounced visit to the governor’s office when he was between meetings Thursday.
- Question leaves Rick Perry hanging at GOP debate
- Speaking of Snyder...
- Republican hopefuls duke it out, but education takes a backseat
- Gov. Rick Snyder heads to Europe
- Affirmative Action to be examined by Supreme Court
- Feud between Mich. Senator, PR executive turns to name calling
- Scott Walker calls conservatives in Michigan, Wisconsin to action in November
- Republicans likely would have tough time bypassing Snyder in MSU funding debate
- Mitt Romney wins weekend Mich. straw poll
- In home state, Romney makes stand against Santorum
- Snyder signs law to increase foster care age
- East Lansing development leader to serve as Flint emergency financial manager
- Bill moves through legislature, requires (optional) recitation of pledge of allegiance
- Lt. Gov. Brian Calley is a Breaking Bad fanatic, Gov. Rick Snyder not so much
- Things to look for during Wednesday's GOP debate
- Mitt Romney gains a Michigan endorsement
- Gay marriage wins key court case
- State News reporters watch the sky during travel to Florida for Republican National Convention
- Troy's mayor met with protests after posting anti-gay remark on Facebook
- Sen. Whitmer questions Genetski's ability as chairman of Higher Ed committee
- Snyder works to slim down himself, Michigan
- Whitmer calls into question subcommittee chairman's objectivity
- Campus political leaders share thoughts on national political scandal