Annual 'Winter Glow' to arrive back in East Lansing's downtown

<p>People roast marshmallows during the annual Winter Glow Festival on Dec. 1, 2018 at Ann Street Plaza. The free festival featured carriage rides, music, a holiday farmers market and other seasonal activities.</p>

People roast marshmallows during the annual Winter Glow Festival on Dec. 1, 2018 at Ann Street Plaza. The free festival featured carriage rides, music, a holiday farmers market and other seasonal activities.

Photo by Sylvia Jarrus | The State News

East Lansing's annual Winter Glow is set to take place Dec. 7 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. in downtown East Lansing, offering a wide variety of season-themed activities free to the public.

The event still needs more volunteers. Those interested are encouraged to sign up here.

Horse and carriage rides, ice carving, and more will be located in the Ann Street Plaza, Fountain Square, and inside the East Lansing Marriott.

This year’s winter festival features winter photo scenes, family-friendly activities and games, marshmallow roasting and a community art project.

Thanks to a sponsorship from Newman Lots, photos opportunities with both Santa and Mrs. Claus are available.

The first photo is free, any additional photos will be $5 a piece. This will be held from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. inside the Marriott.

A special, holiday-themed farmers market will feature many of the well-known and loved East Lansing Farmers Market vendors, including:

A heated Jingle Jam Music Tent will provide a live performance by the Sea Cruisers from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., with special appearances by Sigh Studio of Music.

In conjunction with Winter Glow, the Green Friday and Saturday shopping event will take place. Shoppers are invited to come out and support their local businesses for a special East Lansing version of the widespread Thanksgiving and Black Friday sales. Business hours will vary.

Printed copies of program guides for both Winter Glow and Green Friday will be available at the information booth in Fountain Square on the corner of M.A.C. and Albert Avenues, as well as participating downtown businesses.

Share and discuss “Annual 'Winter Glow' to arrive back in East Lansing's downtown” on social media.