The annual Battle for Blood challenge has kicked off with Lansing area police and fire departments competing to see who can get the most votes from donors. The event, which started on Monday, has attracted donors from around the area.
There currently are as many as 27 million slaves in the world, more than any other time in recorded history, according to the International Labour Organization. Of this 27 million, about 17,500 people are trafficked into the U.S. each year.
East Lansing might be under new leadership come November with the majority of city council seats up for grabs.
For years, when policymakers were asked how they would protect the public, the answer was to put more people behind bars. Although this policy applied to the entire nation, Michigan saw the effects more than most states. The effect was an explosion in prison populations and, in turn, an explosion in the budget for correctional facilities, MSU economics professor Charles Ballard said.
The East Lansing Police Department currently is investigating two sexual assaults and one attempted sexual assault with all three victims being MSU students, according to a report from the department. The most recent case took place Thursday night around 8 p.m.
- Mother knows best
- Study results could prove valuable to online courses
- Spartan honored as Big Ten Field Athlete of the Week
- Too young to preach
- Fergie, husband Duhamel expecting first child
- Rosetta Stone not good substitute
- St. Patrick's Day celebrations largely the same as in the past
- Could technical issues with D2L foreshadow future problems?
- Women's track and field athletes bring home hardware following weekend
- Not only Americans are spoiled
- Fighting the winter blues
- Absence policy not “excusable”
- To post or not to post?
- 'The busy trap'
- Say it, don’t spray it
- Prepare for future to avoid regretting past
- Making strides
- What a CATAstrophe
- Leave it to “Beliebers”
- Is tea becoming the new coffee?
- The woes of online shopping
- Don’t try this at home
- Mich. colleges show low price hike
- War of words
- How GOP can appeal to me
- Can you be fit and fat?
- Fourth movie could be released in 'Toy Story' series
- Women's swimming and diving team beats Oakland; men's team loses
- Men's and women's track teams fall to Michigan
- Guantanamo needs to go