MSU provost search finalists chosen, visits to be held next week

<p>A student walks along the snowy sidewalks outside Kedzie Hall on Jan. 13, 2019. </p>

A student walks along the snowy sidewalks outside Kedzie Hall on Jan. 13, 2019.

Photo by Lauren DeMay | The State News

The finalists to fill the Michigan State University provost position were selected and are expected to visit the community via Zoom March 30, March 31 and April 1, President Samuel L. Stanley Jr. announced in an email Wednesday.

Faculty, students and staff will all be able to attend the forums, held from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. each day. The community may submit questions for the finalists through a survey link.

Prior to each visit, an email will be sent to the campus community including information about each candidates qualifications, as well as the livestream link.

The names of the three finalists were not released to the public, and the university was unavailable for comment at the time of publishing.

The provost search began Oct. 29 following June Youatt's resignation in early September. Her resignation followed a report of an investigation conducted by the U.S. Department of Education's Office of Civil Rights — determining that MSU failed to comply with Title IX regulations.

The search committee was chaired by MSU Foundation professor Beronda Montgomery and the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources Dean Ronald Hendrick.

Teresa Sullivan has been serving is the interim provost and executive vice president of academics affairs since October.

"The search process has identified three highly qualified finalists drawn from a rich pool of candidates from across the country who genuinely inspired and impressed the search committee. I was able to speak with each, and I share the committee’s enthusiasm for these finalists," Stanley said in the email.

Stanley's full email can be viewed below.

screen-shot-2020-03-25-at-6-31-04-pm

Share and discuss “MSU provost search finalists chosen, visits to be held next week” on social media.