If you plan on spending the Fourth of July in the East Lansing area, here are some events to check out.
- The Potter Park Zoo will be offering free admission to all U.S. military veterans and current service members Thursday. The zoo is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- A celebration parade organized by the City of Lansing will start along the Capitol Loop at 11 a.m. on July 4.
- A patriotic performance by the Lansing Concert Band will start at 8 p.m. at the Adado Riverfront Park.
- A firework show will begin after the Lansing Concert Band performance at the Adado Riverfront Park.
- The annual "Light up the River" event will be held on Grand River. Residents can enjoy fireworks from the river, with double and single kayaks illuminated by LED lights and glow sticks.
- Commercial fireworks in East Lansing are permitted from June 29 to July 4 from 11:00 a.m. to 11:45 p.m. each day.