Things to do in East Lansing for the Fourth of July

<p>As motorcycles and antique cars rumbled down the street, Lillian Yunker, 9, and Zachary Yunker, 7, waved their flags during the parade July 4, 2015 in Lansing. They got into the spirit of Independence Day this year by dyeing their hair red and blue, along with their mother, Lauren Yunker (behind). Catherine Ferland/ The State News</p>

As motorcycles and antique cars rumbled down the street, Lillian Yunker, 9, and Zachary Yunker, 7, waved their flags during the parade July 4, 2015 in Lansing. They got into the spirit of Independence Day this year by dyeing their hair red and blue, along with their mother, Lauren Yunker (behind). Catherine Ferland/ The State News

Photo by Catherine Ferland | The State News

If you plan on spending the Fourth of July in the East Lansing area, here are some events to check out.

• The Potter Park Zoo will be offering free admission to all U.S. military veterans and current service members Thursday. The zoo is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
  • A celebration parade organized by the City of Lansing will start along the Capitol Loop at 11 a.m. on July 4.
  • A firework show will begin after the Lansing Concert Band performance at the Adado Riverfront Park.
  • The annual "Light up the River" event will be held on Grand River. Residents can enjoy fireworks from the river, with double and single kayaks illuminated by LED lights and glow sticks.

Share and discuss “Things to do in East Lansing for the Fourth of July” on social media.