McLaren Health Care to build new hospital next to MSU

McLaren Health Care announced on Monday that it will combine two of its current hospitals in the Lansing area into one that will be built adjacent to MSU on land that was purchased by the MSU Foundation, a non-profit that supports research and economic development for the university. 

The new "health care campus" will be located between Collins Road and US 127 at MSU Foundation’s University Corporate Research Park. 

The $450 million health care facility will collaborate with MSU and provide research and educational opportunities for students as well as clinical services. Along with the hospital currently set to be constructed with nine stories and 240 beds, there will be a cancer center and an ambulatory care center, according to McLaren's site. 

With the goal of "reinventing health care delivery", the project will be designed by medical faculty, patients and researchers and will provide jobs to over 1,000 physicians, educators and researchers. 

McLaren is also calling for local businesses, consultants and workers to help with the creation of their new "health care campus" to ensure that the Greater Lansing community plays a role in the project.

It is estimated that the construction of the new facility will conclude around 2021. 

Share and discuss “McLaren Health Care to build new hospital next to MSU” on social media.