Football reporters predict outcome of MSU football vs. purdue

Bondy’s Bets

No. 8 MSU is back on the road again this weekend and while away conference games normally stand as tall tasks, that won’t be the case this week.

MSU is by far a more superior team then Purdue and the Spartans will show it this weekend. After needing late heroics from junior cornerback Trae Waynes last week against Nebraska, don’t expect MSU to let this one slip away.The Spartans will jump to an early lead and prove they can hold onto a big lead.

Junior quarterback Connor Cook will get back on track against the nation’s No. 105 ranked pass defense, reaching 300 yards in the air. Expect Cook to run the ball a little bit more this week as well.

The defense will build off last week’s effort and put extreme pressure on rookie Boilermaker sophomore quarterback Austin Appleby. Expect the ‘Spartan Dawgs’ to force at least two interceptions out of Appleby in a smothering attack.

In the end this one is never close, with MSU cruising to an easy win and 2-0 Big Ten record. MSU-38 Purdue-10

Preston's Picks

No. 8 MSU (4-1 overall, 1-0 Big Ten) travels down to West Lafayette, Ind. this week to take on a Purdue (3-3 overall) 1-1 Big Ten) team that has shown improvements from the team that went 1-11 last season. 

Those improvements and a history of close games with MSU won't be enough this week to knock off the Spartans.

Yes, Purdue kept last season's game close and ever since changing quarterbacks the team has shown offensive improvements. The Boilermakers have a good running back in senior Akeem Hunt, but the wins for Purdue this season have come against Western Michigan, Southern Illinois and Illinois. Not exactly the class of college football.

It will be good for MSU to go on the road, they're going to have to face a tougher road challenge down the road in all likelihood. Logistically road games are obviously different, and it will be good for MSU to experience that for the first time since the loss to Oregon.

I have this one going the way many people do. I think MSU comes out early and often and we see a good dose of Damion Terry and Tyler O'Connor. If MSU remembers to take the helmets and pads down from East Lansing they should cruise through this one. MSU-45 Purdue 7 

Share and discuss “Football reporters predict outcome of MSU football vs. purdue” on social media.