After it appeared to be a virtual lock that No. 8 MSU (10-2 overall) was heading to South Beach for New Year’s Day, the selection committee threw a curveball as now the Spartans can set their sights on the lone star state this holiday season. MSU will take on No.
MSU finished the season 10-2 and most likely will play in one of the New Year’s Day six non-playoff bowl games. That’s a pretty successful season and something Spartan fans should be pleased with in the end. However, MSU gets only a B+ grade simply because the Spartans didn’t live up to the high expectations.
With the regular season over, MSU football now turns its attention to bowl game season. Here's a breakdown of the bowl games MSU could potentially play in on New Years or New Years Eve.
On Monday evening, the Big Ten announced its regular season award winners and all league teams, and as many would expect No. 7 MSU had its share of winners and representatives.
It wasn’t pretty in the first half, but eventually No. 7 MSU pulled away Saturday, topping Penn State, 34-10, from Beaver Stadium in University Park, Pennsylvania.
- Cook shows off "Whip Dance" in locker room after victory over U-M
- MSU junior cornerback Trae Waynes named semifinalist for Jim Thorpe Award
- Football beat writers predict blowout wins for MSU football over Indiana
- MSU football lands No. 1 Michigan linebacker recruit for 2015 class
- Tony Lippett named to Biletnikoff Award watch list
- NCAA restores Penn State's postseason eligibility
- Big Ten Roundup — Week one
- Ferrantino named Spartan hockey captain
- CBS should have chosen female host to replace David Letterman
- Senior Marina Bohrer receives Big Ten recognition for women's tennis
- Prediction: Reporters split on MSU-UNC tournament game
- Prediction: Women's basketball will avoid 5-12 upset today against Hampton
- To pinch or not to pinch?
- Hildebrand among finalists for best college goaltender
- Hildebrand earns Star of the Week honors from Big Ten
- Wolfe earns Big Ten honors
- Football notes: McDowell considering visits to other schools; Charges for 2015 recruit Campbell to be announced
- Penn State gets first conference win, Minnesota suffers first Big Ten loss
- MSU road trip, series with Wisconsin and U-M lead league action
- Outdoor hockey, MSU shutout highlight conference play this past weekend