Students can have fun at a Lansing Lugnuts game this summer
By Geoff Preston firstname.lastname@example.org East Lansing is like many college towns in the United States, when the stress of finals week is over many of the students who populated the town leave for home or internships. For the students who are in town, many summers have included a night or afternoon at Cooley Law School Stadium for a Lansing Lugnuts game. The Lugnuts are the triple-A affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays and offer beer and other food deals throughout the week that radio broadcaster Jesse Goldberg-Strassler said are a key to attracting students on a budget. Thursday night is known as "Thirsty Thursday" where beers are two dollars.
Program records set in multiple sports this year
Men's basketball and football weren't the only programs that their players go far last fall and this spring.
COLUMN: With coaching job security, all coaches should be held to the same standard
By Geoff Preston email@example.com The hot seat. It's something that coaches at the helm of revenue sports know all too well.
COLUMN: Spring game has become a cultural phenomenon
By Geoff Preston firstname.lastname@example.org This Saturday green and white will fill the campus, grills will be lit and people will come from all across the state by the thousands to watch MSU play football. That might sound odd, considering the calendar says April and not September. Saturday will mark the annual Green and White game, which accounts for a glorified scrimmage in Spartan Stadium to send everyone into a football frenzy. About time too, the season is only a little more than four months away. Spring games across the country have become a spectate, what you will see in East Lansing on what is expected to be a cold, rainy Saturday afternoon will probably be tame in comparison to other places across the country. In Columbus, Ohio 99,391 people came out to see the defending national champion Ohio State Buckeyes play a game against each other.
MSU football's rematch with Oregon will be under the lights
MSU football has added two primetime games to their 2015 schedule, including the first confirmed night game at Spartan Stadium. The Big Ten conference and TV networks announced that MSU vs.
- Men's basketball will compete in DIRECTTV Wooden Legacy Tournament in 2015
- Maneuvering Tinder
- How to (really) enjoy being single
- Football beat writers predict blowout wins for MSU football over Indiana
- Indiana will start third string quarterback against MSU on Saturday, according to report
- Fall date ideas
- How to turn your summer love long-lasting
- How to handle beach season
- Sharing social media passwords with your significant other
- Meeting the friends
- When to make it Facebook official
- I want to know why you hate country music
- Spring break protocol
- Meeting the parents
- Valentine's Day is overhyped
- Navigating the May-December romance
- Critics who call Richard Sherman a thug are wrong
- Relationship status: It's Complicated
- Who should make the first move?
- Rolling Stone article highlights abortion debate in Michigan