Former MSU star Keith Appling arrested for bringing loaded gun to strip club

<p>Senior guard Keith Appling reacts to a foul called against him towards the end of the game against Connecticut on March 30, 2014, at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The Spartans lost in the Elite Eight, 60-54.&nbsp;State News File Photo</p>

Senior guard Keith Appling reacts to a foul called against him towards the end of the game against Connecticut on March 30, 2014, at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The Spartans lost in the Elite Eight, 60-54. State News File Photo

According to a report by WXYZ's Justin Rose, former MSU basketball star Keith Appling was arrested in Dearborn last weekend. Rose's sources said Appling brought a loaded AK-47 assault rifle to a strip club.

Rose said the investigation of what Appling was doing with the gun is still ongoing.

This marks the latest event in a year of legal troubles for former Spartan basketball stars. In March, Branden Dawson was arrested for domestic abuse and Mateen Cleaves was charged with sexual assault.

Appling was a key player on four MSU basketball teams from 2010-'11 to 2013-'14, and a three-year starter at the guard position. He averaged over 10 points, 3 rebounds, and 3 assists per game over his four-year Spartan career.

Appling is now in his second season playing in the NBA Development League. He currently plays for the Erie BayHawks.

In the 2015-'16 season, Appling averaged 19 points, 5 assists, and 4 rebounds per game, earning a D-League All-Star nod and D-League All-Defensive Team honors.

Appling was even called up to the NBA for two 10-day contracts this season in January and February. He played in five games with the Orlando Magic, scoring a season-high four points against the Philadelphia 76ers on January 20.

Share and discuss “Former MSU star Keith Appling arrested for bringing loaded gun to strip club” on social media.