Sunday, May 5, 2024

ASMSU hopes to hold carnival weekend before elections

ASMSU, MSU’s undergraduate student government, plans on holding a carnival the weekend before the upcoming elections week, April 8-15.
ASMSU’s Finance Committee unanimously passed a bill at Thursday night’s committee meeting to allocate up to $25,500 to Special Projects to fund a Spring Carnival.

“This event will go along the elections week,” ASMSU Vice President for Internal Administration Denzel McCampbell said. “We have a lot of events planned that week to get people out and know about elections week.”

The bill still must be passed by ASMSU’s general assembly next Thursday for the funds officially to be allocated to the carnival.

The Spring Carnival will contain traditional rides, such as a Ferris wheel and a Tilt-A-Whirl. Representatives running for positions in ASMSU will also be in attendance serving as a meet and greet event as well for the candidates and undergraduate students, McCampbell said.

ASMSU has planned many different events and activities for students to get engaged in the elections process. One of the events going on during the week to boost election popularity is a concert on April 11, although the artist’s name has not been released.

ASMSU will be looking to announce the artist for the April 11 concert next week, and the group has hinted the artist is a multiple Grammy-Award winner.

Share and discuss “ASMSU hopes to hold carnival weekend before elections” on social media.