Students searching for career options might have a better chance of being hired as AmeriCorps volunteers after President Barack Obama signed legislation last week to expand the program.
Travelers could see less hassle crossing the Canadian border after Michigan’s enhanced driver’s license became available Tuesday, but some have voiced concern about the license infringing on personal privacy.
The city of East Lansing has been named a Tree City USA by the Arbor Day Foundation for the 22nd year. The recognition is given to cities that have a continual commitment to community forestry.
Lengthy lines and scrambling students could potentially disappear from bookstores at the beginning of a new semester as a result of federal legislation. The legislation requires universities to make lists of course materials available to students by the opening of the enrollment process.
The distance from Detroit to Chicago might not seem so far if plans for a high-speed railway linking Midwest cities are approved.
- Lansing pastor visits with future congregation in D.C.
- Unity among strangers in an unfamiliar city
- Summer reveals more to enjoy in East Lansing
- Fun outings with friends at unexpected places
- Popular vampire series may be worth a read
- Steroids, cracked hoof affect Big Brown
- Lunch with Kardashians not worth $10,000