Wednesday, May 1, 2024

ELPD searching for missing child

<p>East Lansing police began searching for 11-year-old Peyton Farner, pictured, early Sunday. Photo courtesy of East Lansing Police Department.</p>

East Lansing police began searching for 11-year-old Peyton Farner, pictured, early Sunday. Photo courtesy of East Lansing Police Department.

Editor's Note: This article was updated at 5 p.m. Sunday evening after Farner had been found.

East Lansing Police Department (ELPD) asked the community for help in its search for an 11-year-old child early Sunday, according to a release.

Peyton Farner was last seen in the area of Harrison Road and Saginaw Street. Farner is a 5-feet-2-inches tall boy with brown hair, brown eyes and braces, according to the release.

Farner was last seen wearing blue Nike shoes, blue Champion sweatpants and a gray or green MSU sweatshirt.

He also had on a blue Detroit Lions winter hat with a pom on top, according to an ELPD Facebook post.

Community members with knowledge of Farner's whereabouts were urged to call ELPD at 517-351-4220.

Farner was found and returned safely to his home Sunday evening, according to an ELPD update.

Share and discuss “ELPD searching for missing child” on social media.