After 4 days of vote counts, Biden is projected to win presidency over Trump

<p>Vice President Joe Biden, right, walks on stage with his grandson Hunter Biden, 6, center, and his son Beau Biden, left, attorney general of Delaware on Monday, Sept. 3, 2012 in downtown Detroit. Justin Wan/The State News</p>

Vice President Joe Biden, right, walks on stage with his grandson Hunter Biden, 6, center, and his son Beau Biden, left, attorney general of Delaware on Monday, Sept. 3, 2012 in downtown Detroit. Justin Wan/The State News

Photo by Justin Wan | The State News

After days of vote tabulation from the start of Election Day, former Vice President Joe Biden and his running mate Kamala Harris are projected to win the presidency over President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence, and are set to begin their term at the White House on Jan. 20, 2021.

Biden won 281 total electoral votes, taking key battleground states throughout the vote counting period, including Michigan, Arizona and Nevada. Biden was declared the unofficial winner in Michigan on Wednesday, winning 2,791,549 votes — 50.6% of the overall votes cast in the state.

Trump received 214 electoral votes as of Saturday morning, winning early victories in Texas, Florida, and battleground state North Carolina. Trump had an early lead in Michigan, but ended up only taking 47.9% of the state's votes, totalling 2,646,423 votes total.

Trump pre-declared victory in multiple states in a 2:30 a.m. presser Wednesday morning — many reporting less than half of their total votes. However, once absentee votes began being counted, the president falsely claimed that Democrats were attempting to "steal the election" in multiple posts on Twitter.

Twitter has flagged many of these posts as "disputed" and "misleading."

The Trump campaign filed lawsuits in multiple states, including Nevada, Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Michigan, in an effort to highlight voter fraud and abnormalities in these close-call states. There has been no significant evidence of voter fraud, despite the lawsuits.

Michigan Court of Claims ruled against the campaign's lawsuit in the state. While Georgia also rules against the lawsuits, the Trump campaign won the ruling in Pennsylvania. Nevada hasn't made a ruling on the lawsuit as of Friday morning.

Other statewide Election Day wins include Republican candidate Pat O'Keefe and Democratic candidate Rema Vassar for MSU's Board of Trustees, Senator Gary Peters for Michigan's U.S. Senate, and Rep. Elissa Slotkin for U.S. House of Representatives (MI-8). Both the Board of Trustees race and the Senate race were called with a tight margin between the candidates.

Share and discuss “After 4 days of vote counts, Biden is projected to win presidency over Trump” on social media.