Update: 85 cases linked to Harper's Restaurant and Brewpub as Michigan cases rise

<p>Crowd inside Harper&#x27;s Restaurant and Brewpub on June 8.</p>

Crowd inside Harper's Restaurant and Brewpub on June 8.

Photo by Kaishi Chhabra | The State News

Ingham County Health Department confirmed 85 cases linked to Harper’s Restaurant and Brewpub in East Lansing as of Saturday afternoon. Of those, five are secondary cases.

Anyone who has visited the East Lansing establishment June 12-20 have been asked to self-quarantine for 14 days since their visit.

This comes following a rise in Michigan COVID-19 cases in June. According to Centers for Disease Control (CDC) data, 5,298 Michigan cases were reported on June 5. Until that point, the largest number of COVID-19 reports was seen on April 3 with 1,879 new cases. 

The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) reports 69,679 total Michigan cases. Since Monday, 984 new cases have been reported across the state. Overall, 8,126 cases are between 20-29 years old, following national trends suggesting a surge in cases among those under 30.

Of the 929 cases currently reported in Ingham County, 25% are among ages 20-29, up from 22% reported on June 5. In total, 300 cases come out of East Lansing.

Testing is available at any of the following testing sites:

Any individual who tests positive is urged to contact the Ingham County Health Department immediately.

Share and discuss “Update: 85 cases linked to Harper's Restaurant and Brewpub as Michigan cases rise” on social media.