EL resident snaps up $11,850 on ‘Wheel of Fortune’ game show

Photo by Genna Barner | The State News

An East Lansing resident won $11,850 on “Wheel of Fortune” in a “Girlfriend Getaways” episode, which aired Feb. 19.

Dorian Prier, 35, participated in the game show with her friend Ovidia Molina, from Texas, and came in second place. The two used to teach together in southwest Houston in the Alief Independent School District, Prier said. Prier said they will split the winnings equally.

“So it’s little under $6,000 between the two of us,” Prier said. “It’s gonna mean a lot because I’m actually getting married ... so I’m going to get a chance to go on a pretty decent honeymoon.”

wheel-of-fortune-winner

Prier will get married in a suburb of Houston, Texas. She said it is an exciting time for her.

“It’s kind of interesting how life works,” Prier said. “I definitely didn’t realize that I’ll be at ‘Wheel of Fortune’ a week before I get married, so that was exciting.”

Prier said she had submitted an audition video on the website, indicating she would be willing to participate with a friend.

The “Wheel of Fortune” team contacted her for try outs in Indianapolis, but Prier had forgotten to tell Molina about it, so she had to convince her to fly out.

Prier said they had to go very early and participate in the game in groups, because they shoot four to five shows per day. Prier’s parents were in attendance watching.

“It was really exciting because of the fact I’ve been watching with them since I was a little kid, so it was a bucket-list thing for everybody because they always wanted to watch a taping of a game show and I always wanted to be on one,” Prier said.

Prier said she got an opportunity to meet Pat Sajak and Vanna White before they started.

“Everybody should try out because I didn’t think I would get picked,” Prier said. “People should try. It’s really fun and it’s a great experience.”

Share and discuss “EL resident snaps up $11,850 on ‘Wheel of Fortune’ game show” on social media.