WR Cam Chambers puts his name in the NCAA Transfer Portal

Sophomore wide receiver Cam Chambers (21) completes a pass during the game against Penn State at Beaver Stadium on Oct. 13, 2018. The Spartans defeated the Nittany Lions 21-17.
Sophomore wide receiver Cam Chambers (21) completes a pass during the game against Penn State at Beaver Stadium on Oct. 13, 2018. The Spartans defeated the Nittany Lions 21-17. —
Photo by Anntaninna Biondo | The State News

The hits just keep coming. Junior wideout Cam Chambers has entered his name into the NCAA Transfer Portal, according to The Detroit Free Press.

Chambers, a junior out of Sicklerville, New Jersey, became the fifth member of Michigan State's football team to enter his name into the portal this season, joining wideout Weston Bridges, running backs Connor Heyward, La'Darius Jefferson and linebacker Brandon Bouyer-Randle. He will be moving on as a graduate transfer.

An MSU spokesperson confirmed to The State News that Chambers has put his name in the portal.

Chambers came to Michigan State as one of the top 300 recruits in the 2016 class, according to 247Sports, but redshirted in his first year on campus. He played in all 13 of Michigan State's games the next season, finishing with five catches for 66 yards.

In 11 games in 2018, Chambers ranked fifth on the team with 19 catches for 264 yards. His snaps this season became very limited, as he only saw time against Western Michigan and Northwestern. He did not dress in Michigan State's 38-0 loss to Wisconsin last week.

He finishes his Spartan career without a touchdown.

Chambers was in his first year of law school at MSU. Last night Chambers put a message on his Twitter page that read: "I’m not sure who created the narrative that I am content with just being in Law School. I have been begging to play all season; this should have been playing all season! #GoGreen"

The tweet has since been deleted. And hours later, Chambers entered his name in the portal.

Michigan State (4-3, 2-2 Big Ten) is off this week before hosting No. 7 Penn State next Saturday at Spartan Stadium (3:30 p.m., ABC).

This story will be updated when more information is available

Share and discuss “WR Cam Chambers puts his name in the NCAA Transfer Portal” on social media.