President Stanley's meetings with survivors rescheduled

Tibetan prayer flags hang in the MSU Museum on Jan. 15, 2019. These symbolize support for sexual assault and abuse survivors.
Tibetan prayer flags hang in the MSU Museum on Jan. 15, 2019. These symbolize support for sexual assault and abuse survivors. —
Photo by Anntaninna Biondo | The State News

The dates President Samuel L. Stanley Jr. was supposed to meet with sexual assault survivors have been changed from those that were originally announced.

It was announced at the Board of Trustees meeting Sept. 9 that the dates would be rescheduled because one of the dates overlapped with a Jewish holiday. 

The dates have been changed to Oct. 3, Oct. 10 and Oct. 16.

The Oct. 3 meeting will be held from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the New Admissions Room at the Union for the community of sexual assault survivors. Student, faculty and staff are invited. 

The Oct. 10 meeting will be from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the East Lansing Public Library. This meeting is meant for survivors who wish to speak on the cases involving Larry Nassar. 

The Oct. 16 meeting will be held online from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. via Zoom and is meant for survivors who wish to speak in a more private setting.

Family and friends are welcome to attend in support of survivors. MSU’s Sexual Assault Program will also have representatives in attendance to provide support. 

To provide a safe space and promote confidentiality, media is not invited to attend the meetings.

Share and discuss “President Stanley's meetings with survivors rescheduled” on social media.