Events to look out for this homecoming week

<p>Police officers on motorcycles lead the way for the start of the parade during the MSU Homecoming Parade on Oct. 5, 2018 along Grand River Avenue.</p>

Police officers on motorcycles lead the way for the start of the parade during the MSU Homecoming Parade on Oct. 5, 2018 along Grand River Avenue.

Michigan State is celebrating its homecoming week Sept. 23 to Sept. 29, and each day MSU has events to keep spirits high.

Monday, Sept. 23

Self-guided Spartan Stadium tours will be taking place from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. for MSU faculty, students and staff with their IDs. Gear will be available, and stadium staff members will be there to answer any questions anyone may have.

The tours will be open through suites and the press box on the seventh and eighth floors.

Tuesday, Sep. 24

From 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., the University Activities Board, or UAB, will be hosting a craft night where you can build your own Zeke the Wonderdog.

The event will be held in the Union's ballroom, and will feature free cookies and drinks, while supplies last. Each student's Zeke stuffed animal will come with bandanas and birth certificates.

There will be 600 available stuffed dogs, and other giveaways include bandanas, t-shirts, stickers and more.

Wednesday, Sept. 25

Between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. at Demonstration Hall field, you can walk laps for the fourth annual walking competition between MSU and different Exercise is Medicine on Campus universities throughout the country.

At the Union from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m., there will be an open mic night. There will be available giveaways, snacks and drinks with the entertainment.

Thursday Sept. 26

At the International Center, an inspirational craft night will be held from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Rocks and picture frames are available for inspirational quotes and pictures to be painted on.

There will also be beads available to be made into bracelets.

Friday, Sept. 27

From 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Union, the UAB will be hosting a homecoming brunch. Bagels, donuts and fruit will be available. T-shirts, Spartan face tattoos and lanyards will be available while supplies last. You can even take pictures with the bronze Sparty while you're there.

The homecoming parade will begin at 6 p.m. It'll start at the Hannah Community Center and will travel down Abbot Road to Grand River Avenue, and into campus down Farm Lane.

Over 130 organizations will be included in the parade.

Saturday, Sept. 28

The Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center will be hosting the Green and White brunch between 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. The attendees, typically MSU faculty, staff and alumni, will join the grand marshal and homecoming ambassadors for a meal before the game.

The homecoming game begins at 3:30 p.m., where MSU's football team will be facing off against Indiana University Bloomington.

Share and discuss “Events to look out for this homecoming week” on social media.