Portion of M.A.C. Avenue to be closed July 10 to 19 for street resurfacing
A summer filled with construction is in full swing as M.A.C. Avenue — from East Grand River Avenue to Albert Avenue — will be closed to traffic July 10 to July 19 for street resurfacing as a part of the city’s Local Streets Project.
Eastbound Grand River Avenue traffic can access downtown through Charles Street and westbound traffic through Abbot Road or Charles Street.
The city will maintain pedestrian access to businesses along M.A.C. Avenue and the 30-minute free parking policy for gated lots and parking garages is in effect throughout the month of July.
After M.A.C. Avenue is repaved, the Local Streets Project will move in this order to these streets from July 22 to August 30.
- Hitching Post Road, from Saginaw Highway to Old Mill Road
- Old Mill Road, from Walbridge Drive to Pebblebrook Lane
- East Lansing Drive, from Merritt Road to Merritt Road
Alongside street resurfacing, the 2019 Water Main Replacement Project begins Monday, July 8. This project will replace the existing water main in these areas:
- Evergreen Avenue, from Oakhill Avenue to the East Lansing Hannah Community Center
- Cornell Avenue, from Beech Street to Burcham Drive
- Durand Street, from Ann Street to Snyder Road
The city of East Lansing hosts a list of ongoing construction projects on its website.