Target on Grand River to open July 21, will hire about 80 employees

<p>Construction workers work at the Center City Project along Grand River Avenue on Feb. 14, 2019. Nic Antaya/The State News</p>

Construction workers work at the Center City Project along Grand River Avenue on Feb. 14, 2019. Nic Antaya/The State News

Photo by Nic Antaya | The State News

The Target being built in East Lansing on Grand River Avenue as part of the Center City Project will officially open July 21, 2019. The store is already beginning to hire 80 team members to "help deliver a great shopping experience for guests," according to a press release from the City of East Lansing.

This will be Target’s first small-format store in the state of Michigan, East Lansing Target store director Katie Stewart said in the press release. It will offer a curated assortment of food and beverage items, personal care and beauty products, home decor and men’s and women’s apparel and accessories.

“We are building a talented team of 80 new team members who will help us meet the on-the-go needs of East Lansing residents and nearby college students," Stewart said in the press release. "At Target, we value the people who help us serve the local community and look forward to providing them meaningful opportunities to build and develop valuable career skills."

Candidates interested in working at the store can apply on Target's website and attend job fairs being held at the Okemos Target from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. May 20, 22 and 25, 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. May 21 and 11 a.m. to 7 p.m May 24.

Share and discuss “Target on Grand River to open July 21, will hire about 80 employees” on social media.