Sights, sounds and reactions after MSU's Elite Eight win over Duke

<p>The Spartans celebrate after the game against Duke on March 31, 2019 at Capital One Arena. The Spartans defeated the Blue Devils, 68-67. The Spartans are the East Regional Winners and are headed to the Final Four.</p>

The Spartans celebrate after the game against Duke on March 31, 2019 at Capital One Arena. The Spartans defeated the Blue Devils, 68-67. The Spartans are the East Regional Winners and are headed to the Final Four.

Photo by Annie Barker | The State News

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Michigan State is headed back to the Final Four. And it's kind of a big deal.

The second-seeded Spartans (32-6) toppled No. 1 Duke (32-6) in stunning fashion Sunday evening at Capital One Arena, 68-67, after a go-ahead 3-pointer from fifth-year senior Kenny Goins with 34.8 seconds remaining.

Afterwards, MSU cut down the nets and flew back to East Lansing to hold a prep rally at the Breslin Center to thank Spartan fans. The win marks coach Tom Izzo's eighth Final Four and first since 2015.

The Blue Devils were eliminated from the NCAA Tournament and MSU will play West Region champions Texas Tech (30-6) on 8:49 p.m. EDT on Saturday.

But that's for another day. Here's what the atmosphere was like after the win:

Meanwhile at Cedar Village:

And when the Spartans returned to the Breslin:

And what did the former players have to say?

Share and discuss “Sights, sounds and reactions after MSU's Elite Eight win over Duke” on social media.