Retired MSU professor permanently surrenders psychology license

Gary Stollak, a retired MSU professor and counselor, has permanently surrendered his psychology license after an investigation into his knowledge of ex-MSU doctor Larry Nassar's sexual abuse, the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) announced Friday.

Survivor Kyle Stephens said she reported her sexual abuse at the hands of Nassar to Stollak in 2004, when Stollak was an MSU clinical psychologist. According to a lawsuit he is named in, Stollak failed to report the incident to authorities.

Stephens has said that, because of the abuse she endured for six years, she developed eating disorders and compulsive skin picking.

The consent order for Stollak to permanently surrender his license was approved by the Disciplinary Subcommittee of the Board of Psychology at their Sept. 27 meeting. The order ensures that he will not be able to reinstate his license at any point in the future.

In a press release, LARA encouraged those with concerns about health professionals endangering the safety and welfare of the public to file formal complaints with the agency.

"Each and every complaint received by the department is reviewed and analyzed by LARA staff members," the press release said.

Share and discuss “Retired MSU professor permanently surrenders psychology license” on social media.