Multiple past and current MSU medical personnel under investigation by LARA for Nassar ties

<p>One of MSU's landmarks, the Beaumont Tower, is pictured.</p>

One of MSU's landmarks, the Beaumont Tower, is pictured.

Photo by Nic Antaya | The State News

The Lansing State Journal reports that six past and present MSU medical personnel with connections to the crisis involving ex-MSU and USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar are under investigation by Michigan's Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, or LARA.

screen-shot-2018-06-08-at-2-28-18-pm

The investigations into the individuals are set apart from multiple other investigations at MSU. This investigation seeks to find if violations of license have happened with any of the six former and current staff. Fines, suspensions and revocations of licenses could occur if violations are indeed found. 

Except for former dean William Strampel, who now faces four charges in court for his failure to identify Nassar's predatory behavior and for his own alleged sexual misconduct, none of the allegations against the other five officials have been made public.

The investigations were listed as open by a spokesman for LARA, Michigan's licensing agency. 

Both an MSU spokeswoman and the Michigan Office of the Attorney General did not provide comment on the matter, according to the Lansing State Journal. 

See the ties the listed individuals had to the survivors and Nassar himself by looking through the timeline below. 

Early 2000s: Athlete Tiffany Thomas Lopez reports to Destiny Teachor-Hauk and Lianna Hadden her concerns about Nassar. Another athlete, Jennifer Rood Bedford, also raises concerns to Hadden.  

2004: Kyle Stephens reports her sexual abuse by Nassar to MSU clinical psychologist Gary Stollak. According to lawsuit reports, Stollak never reported this to police. 

2014: Teachnor-Hauk participates in the Title IX investigation that does not find Nassar in violation of any policies. She tells a university investigator that she has no qualms about Nassar’s medical procedures.

2014: Brooke Lemmen, who is Nassar’s co-worker at both MSU and the Twistars gymnastics club, is also spoken to by the same investigator who talked with Teachnor-Hauk. Lemmen tells the investigator that she and Nassar are “very good friends.”

2014: Osteopathic surgeon and director of MSU Sports Medicine Dr. Douglas Dietzel is made aware of the 2014 Title IX investigation into Nassar.

Fall 2016: At Nassar’s prompting, Lemmen pulls patient files from the university but takes them to her house and returns them to MSU in the day following. This is confirmed in the next year by a letter sent to MSU from her attorney. 

Sept. 2016: Teachnor-Hauk is handed Nassar’s responsibilities of team doctor for MSU’s gymnastics team after Nassar is terminated. This comes after sexual assault allegations against Nassar are detailed in an Aug. 2016 report by the Indianapolis Star. 

Jan. 2017: Lemmen resigns from her position at MSU.

Early 2017: Dietzel is questioned by authorities about the 2014 Title IX investigation into Nassar's practices and if any new policies regarding regulation of medical procedures were put into place following it. Dietzel says that he knows that Nassar was investigated, but is not aware of any new or updated protocols put into place following the investigation. 

Share and discuss “Multiple past and current MSU medical personnel under investigation by LARA for Nassar ties” on social media.