Former Spartans Brian Allen, Chris Frey Jr. to participate in NFL training camps

<p>Seniors offensive lineman Brian Allen and linebacker Chris Frey are pictured on Aug. 24, 2017 at the practice fields behind Duffy Daugherty Football Building. Allen and Frey are the two captains of the MSU football team.</p>

Seniors offensive lineman Brian Allen and linebacker Chris Frey are pictured on Aug. 24, 2017 at the practice fields behind Duffy Daugherty Football Building. Allen and Frey are the two captains of the MSU football team.

Photo by Jon Famurewa | The State News

As NFL training camps get underway, two former Spartans will suit up for the first time since leaving MSU in the spring. 

Former center Brian Allen and former linebacker Chris Frey Jr. will both participate in NFL training camps. 

Allen heads to Los Angeles after starting 38 of 51 games during his career for the Spartans. He was drafted in the fourth round as No. 111 overall by the Los Angeles Rams. He was the only Spartan to be selected in the 2018 NFL Draft. His older brother, Jack Allen, played center at MSU, while his younger brother, Matt Allen, is also expected to compete for the starting center role at MSU in 2018. Allen will wear No. 55 for the Rams. 

After going undrafted following his senior season at MSU, Frey signed with the Carolina Panthers. He will wear No. 50 during training camp. 

Allen and Frey served as MSU's only two captains during the 2017 season. 

Share and discuss “Former Spartans Brian Allen, Chris Frey Jr. to participate in NFL training camps” on social media.