Ex-MSU football player Auston Robertson arrested in Kansas on 4 charges

<p>Former MSU football player Auston Roberston looks to his attorney on June 22, 2017, at the 55th District Court in Mason, Michigan. At the hearing Judge Thomas P. Boyd ordered an additional count of third-degree criminal sexual conduct be charged against Robertson for his alleged role in a sexual assault in April.</p>

Former MSU football player Auston Roberston looks to his attorney on June 22, 2017, at the 55th District Court in Mason, Michigan. At the hearing Judge Thomas P. Boyd ordered an additional count of third-degree criminal sexual conduct be charged against Robertson for his alleged role in a sexual assault in April.

Photo by Jon Famurewa | The State News

Former MSU football player Auston Robertson has been arrested in Garden City, Kansas.

Robertson is facing two counts of third-degree criminal sexual conduct after allegedly raping a woman in her apartment in April 2017. He faces those charges in Ingham County. In late March, he requested a venue change during a pretrial conference.

His bond was revoked by the court in a hearing Thursday morning, according to a release from Ingham County Prosecutor Carol Siemon's office.

Robertson was arrested by the Garden City Police Department on Tuesday and is being held at the Finney County Jail in Garden City, according to a release from Siemon's office.

Robertson is accused of multiple felonies in Kansas, including aggravated robbery armed with a dangerous weapon, conspiracy to commit aggravated robbery and distribution of marijuana, according to releases from Siemon's office. He is expected to be formally charged next week.

"The defendant, Mr. Robertson, allegedly engaged in further criminal conduct while awaiting trial for a sexual assault committed in an off-campus apartment near MSU," a release from Siemon's office reads. "The bond conditions issued by the Court state that the defendant was to refrain from criminal activity." 

Judges allowed Robertson to attend Garden City Community College to play football after leaving MSU in 2017. The release mentions Siemon's office previously objected to bond conditions that allowed Robertson to travel out of state.

Stay with The State News for more details as they become available.

Share and discuss “Ex-MSU football player Auston Robertson arrested in Kansas on 4 charges” on social media.