Wide receiver Trishton Jackson announces transfer from MSU

Sophomore wide receiver Trishton Jackson (86) is blocked by Bowling Green defensive back Cameron Jefferies (18) during the game against Bowling Green on Sep. 2, 2017, at Spartan Stadium. The Spartans defeated the Falcons, 35-10.
Sophomore wide receiver Trishton Jackson (86) is blocked by Bowling Green defensive back Cameron Jefferies (18) during the game against Bowling Green on Sep. 2, 2017, at Spartan Stadium. The Spartans defeated the Falcons, 35-10. —
Photo by Anntaninna Biondo | The State News

Sophomore wide receiver Trishton Jackson announced on Twitter Friday night he'll be transferring from MSU. 

"After much thought and consideration, I have decided to transfer from Michigan State University," Jackson said in the tweet. "I want to thank my coaches for the opportunity. I have had a great experience and want to thank my teammates for the memories." 

Jackson is the third player to transfer from Mark Dantonio's program, with former quarterback Messiah deWeaver and former wide out Hunter Rison leaving the program earlier in the offseason.

Jackson obtained 17 catches, 232 receiving yards and one touchdown in his Spartan career. Jackson leaves a deep wide receiving core with junior Felton Davis III and redshirt sophomore Darrell Stewart Jr. leading the group.

The Spartans are coming off a 10-3 season in which they beat Washington State in the Holiday Bowl. MSU will start the 2018 season on Aug. 31 against Utah State.

Share and discuss “Wide receiver Trishton Jackson announces transfer from MSU” on social media.