Simone Biles comes forward as Nassar victim

<p>U.S. gymnast Simone Biles competes in the floor exercise on Tuesday, Aug. 9, 2016, at the Rio Olympic Games in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. The U.S. women's squad captured the gold medal in the team competition. Photo courtesy: Mark Reis/Colorado Springs Gazette/Tribune News Service</p>

U.S. gymnast Simone Biles competes in the floor exercise on Tuesday, Aug. 9, 2016, at the Rio Olympic Games in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. The U.S. women's squad captured the gold medal in the team competition. Photo courtesy: Mark Reis/Colorado Springs Gazette/Tribune News Service

On the eve of ex-MSU and USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar’s sentencing, America's most -decorated gymnast has spoken out about the former doctor’s sexual abuse.

2016 U.S. Olympian Simone Biles sent a tweet Monday afternoon with the hashtag #MeToo, with an attached statement detailing her abuse at the hands of Nassar.

“Most of you know me as a happy, giggly, and energetic girl,” Biles’ statement read. “But lately...I’ve felt a bit broken and the more I try to shut off the voice in my head the louder it screams. I am not afraid to tell my story anymore.”

Biles wrote she has been reluctant to share her story for many reasons, but affirmed that she is not at fault and she will not carry the guilt that “belongs to Larry Nassar, USA (Gymnastics), and others."

“I have promised myself that my story will be much greater than this and I promise all of you that I will never give up,” Biles wrote. “I won’t let one man, and the others that enabled him, to steal my love and joy.”

Biles is a three-time all-around world champion who set an American record for most gold medals in women’s gymnastics at a single games with four.

With Biles’ statement, three of five members of the American women’s gymnastics team at the 2016 Rio Olympics have come forward as victims of Nassar, including former teammates Gabby Douglas and Aly Raisman. 

Former U.S. Olympian McKayla Maroney, who won a gold medal in the 2012 Olympics, has also accused Nassar of sexual abuse.

Biles’ full statement can be read below.

Share and discuss “Simone Biles comes forward as Nassar victim” on social media.