Former Spartan Draymond Green to be sued for alleged assault

<p>Former Spartan basketball player Draymond Green and head coach Tom Izzo speak before the game against University of Kansas in the second round of the Men's NCAA Tournament on March 19, 2017 at at the BOK Center in Tulsa, Okla.The Spartans were defeated by the Jayhawks, 90-70.</p>

Former Spartan basketball player Draymond Green and head coach Tom Izzo speak before the game against University of Kansas in the second round of the Men's NCAA Tournament on March 19, 2017 at at the BOK Center in Tulsa, Okla.The Spartans were defeated by the Jayhawks, 90-70.

Update, 9:00 a.m. Tuesday

A previous version of this article stated the press conference would begin at 9 a.m. Tuesday. This is misleading, as the conference will be held in California, under Pacific Time. The conference will begin at 12 p.m. Eastern Time.

Update, 7:06 p.m.

ESPN is reporting the man and woman suing Green are former MSU football player Jermaine Edmondson and his unidentified girlfriend. Green was arrested for allegedly hitting Edmondson in July 2016 and was ordered to avoid contact with Edmondson for a year as part of his plea agreement.

Marcelino Valencap, assistant to attorney Lisa Bloom, said he could not confirm their identities at this time.

Former Spartan men's basketball player Draymond Green is being sued for alleged acts of assault and battery as well as related claims, according to a press release by the accusing parties.

The lawsuit will be filed tomorrow. The parties bringing the lawsuit, a man and a woman, will speak out at a press conference at 12 p.m. Tuesday, according to the release. A live stream of the press conference will be broadcast from the Facebook page of attorney Lisa Bloom's law firm, Bloom's assistant Marcelino Valencap said. 

The release states Green's actions, including claims of "physical assault, bullying and misleading statements," have severely impacted the lives of those bringing the case.

Green has played for the Golden State Warriors since graduating from MSU in 2012. Green was charged with misdemeanor assault after a July 2016 arrest in East Lansing, but later pleaded his charge down to a civil infraction.

Stay with The State News for more information as the situation develops.

Share and discuss “Former Spartan Draymond Green to be sued for alleged assault” on social media.