Draymond Green arrested in East Lansing for assault early Sunday morning

<p>MSU basketball head coach Tom Izzo and former Spartan and current Golden State Warrior forward Draymond Green look out at the crowd during the game against Oregon on Sept. 12, 2015 at Spartan Stadium. Green was recognized for his recent donation to the Spartan basketball program. Alice Kole/The State News</p>

MSU basketball head coach Tom Izzo and former Spartan and current Golden State Warrior forward Draymond Green look out at the crowd during the game against Oregon on Sept. 12, 2015 at Spartan Stadium. Green was recognized for his recent donation to the Spartan basketball program. Alice Kole/The State News

Updated Wednesday at 2:30 p.m.

Green apparently assaulted MSU football player Jermaine Edmondson outside of Conrad's Grill, according to the police report obtained by MLive

He spoke about the incident on Tuesday.

Updated Tuesday at 2:50 p.m.

MLive reported Draymond Green has officially filed a plea of not guilty. His attorney, James T. Heos, filed a request for waiver of arraignment. Andrea Andrews Larkin, East Lansing District Court Judge, approved the request today.

Green now doesn’t have to appear in an East Lansing court for his pretrial conference, which is scheduled for August 4 at 10 a.m. The Summer Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro begin August 6.

USA Basketball said it is aware of Green’s arrest, but no decision has been made regarding his status on the team.

Heos, a Lansing-based attorney who specializes in personal injury and malpractice for Church Wyble, could not immediately be reached for comment.

TMZ obtained a video reporting to show the arrest of Green

Draymond Green, Golden State Warriors forward and former MSU basketball star, was arrested for assault in downtown East Lansing at 2:28 a.m. Sunday, according to East Lansing's 54B District Court records.

CrimeMapping.com shows an assault occurred downtown around that time at the corner of Abbot Road and East Grand River Ave, though it is unconfirmed whether or not it is the same incident.

Scott Wriggelsworth, detective lieutenant for East Lansing Police, said the victim was a man, and he sustained no injuries. Green was subsequently taken to the East Lansing city jail, booked. He posted a $200 bond and was released later that morning.

Green has 10 days to answer to get arraigned. Thomas M. Yeadon, East Lansing City Attorney, will prosecute the case.

“We are aware of news involving Draymond Green in Michigan over the weekend,” The Golden State Warriors said in a statement. “At this point, we are collecting information and will have no further comment until we have a better understanding of the situation.”

It is unknown where Green is currently, Wriggelsworth said. 

Green played basketball for MSU between 2008 and 2012. He has been playing for the Warriors since he was selected 35th overall in the 2012 NBA draft. The Warriors won the 2015 NBA Championship and lost to the Cleveland Cavaliers in the final game of the 2016 Championship.

Earlier this summer, Green was selected to join Team USA at the 2016 Summer Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro in August.

Share and discuss “Draymond Green arrested in East Lansing for assault early Sunday morning” on social media.