MSU launches new Our Commitment website to combat sexual assault

<p>MSU President Lou Anna K. Simon, from the video released Wednesday evening.</p>

MSU President Lou Anna K. Simon, from the video released Wednesday evening.

A new website has been developed by MSU to more frequently update the public on investigations regarding ex-MSU doctor Larry Nassar and the sexual assault allegations against four MSU football players. 

This website, Our Commitment, has been introduced with an accompanying video of MSU President Lou Anna K. Simon following her April 26 letter to students. 

Our Commitment provides information on MSU's efforts to combat sexual assault on campus and to address concerns with the investigations surrounding Nassar and the MSU football team.

The site also includes information on combating sexual assault, improving patient care and safety and protecting youth on campus. There are also links for reporting relationship violence and sexual misconduct, child abuse and misconduct including patient safety.

"Many of you have asked for more information, and more frequent updates about how we’re responding to this critical situation," Simon said in the video. "We’ll outline the steps we’re taking to build on our earlier work, as we cultivate a safe and inclusive community. Sexual assault has no place at MSU."

Nassar is accused of sexually abusing his patients and other young women with whom he came into contact. He was arrested in December 2016 on charges of possessing "at least 37,000" images of child pornography.

Members of the MSU football team — four MSU student-athletes and one staff member — are under investigation for allegations of sexual assault. Three players and the staff member were suspended and put under investigation in February and a fourth player was put under investigation in April.

Share and discuss “MSU launches new Our Commitment website to combat sexual assault” on social media.