1,000-page report presented at Nassar appearance in Mason, next court date pushed back

Former MSU employee Larry Nassar, left, converses with his defense attorney, Matt Newburg, during a preliminary examination conference on March 2, 2017 at 55th District Court in Mason, Mich. Nassar's preliminary examination was deferred to May 12, 2017.
Former MSU employee Larry Nassar, left, converses with his defense attorney, Matt Newburg, during a preliminary examination conference on March 2, 2017 at 55th District Court in Mason, Mich. Nassar's preliminary examination was deferred to May 12, 2017. —
Photo by Nic Antaya | and Nic Antaya The State News

Update 2 p.m.

Former MSU employee Larry Nassar's probable cause hearing at 56A District Court in Charlotte, Mich. Thursday afternoon was cancelled. No new date has been scheduled, but court officials estimate it will be rescheduled for June.

Former MSU employee Larry Nassar appeared for a preliminary examination conference in 55th District Court in Mason, Mich. on Thursday morning. 

A new discovery in the case was presented as a report to the court and lawyers. The report is approximately 1,000 pages. 

The next preliminary examination is scheduled for May 12 to give the lawyers time to review the new information. On May 12, victims will speak to the court and, if necessary, an additional preliminary examination will be held on May 26. 

Nassar will appear in 56A District Court at 1:30 p.m. for a probable cause hearing. He is currently being held without bond on federal child pornograpghy charges.

Stay with The State News for continuing coverage.

Share and discuss “1,000-page report presented at Nassar appearance in Mason, next court date pushed back” on social media.