MSU professor, legendary alumnus crack Time Magazine's Top 100 Most Influential People

<p>New York resident and "Metropolis" magazine reporter Robert Landon walks from the third floor of the Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum on Nov. 9, 2012, at the opening for the media.</p>

New York resident and "Metropolis" magazine reporter Robert Landon walks from the third floor of the Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum on Nov. 9, 2012, at the opening for the media.

Photo by Katie Stiefel | The State News

MSU College of Human Medicine professor Mona Hanna- Attisha and Eli Broad were named to Time Magazine's Top 100 Most Influential People list on April 21.

In a press release, Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-MI) praised Hanna-Attisha's exemplary work, along with her colleague Marc Edwards' work, for their impact in Flint. Hanna-Attisha conducted research on the growing lead levels in Flint children and the connection to the water.   

Stabenow said in the release both individuals "responded to a serious problem and applied their knowledge and expertise to demonstrate the severity of the public health crisis. This recognition could not have gone to two more deserving individuals, and we’ll always remember the role they played in helping the children and families of Flint."

Hanna-Attisha will deliver the commencement for MSU's graduating seniors on May 6.

Also on the list was Eli Broad, who the MSU Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum and Eli Broad College of Business are named after. The article's writer Michael Bloomberg described him as a "Renaissance man" and a leader in the business and philanthropy community.

His philanthropy has worked towards gun safety, medical research and educational reform. Furthermore, his companies "have helped millions of people achieve their aspirations of owning their own homes and retiring with security," Bloomberg said in the article.

Share and discuss “MSU professor, legendary alumnus crack Time Magazine's Top 100 Most Influential People” on social media.