MSU wins one of the most improbable Cotton Bowls. Ever.

After trailing by 20 and giving up almost 600 yards through the air, MSU comes back to win

<p>Sophomore tight end Josiah Price and junior quarterback Connor Cook hold the trophy Jan. 1, 2015, after The Cotton Bowl Classic football game against Baylor at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. The Spartans defeated the Bears and claimed the Cotton Bowl Victory, 42-41. Erin Hampton/The State News</p>

Sophomore tight end Josiah Price and junior quarterback Connor Cook hold the trophy Jan. 1, 2015, after The Cotton Bowl Classic football game against Baylor at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. The Spartans defeated the Bears and claimed the Cotton Bowl Victory, 42-41. Erin Hampton/The State News

Photo by Erin Hampton | The State News

ARLINGTON, TX - It looked like MSU was going to get run out of the building.

Trailing 34-14 and then 41-21 after giving up countless deep passing touchdowns of over 45 yards, but a surprise onside kick changed the momentum and gave MSU their first Cotton Bowl championship.

A blocked field goal incited the winning drive, and MSU won maybe the most improbable Cotton Bowl in a long time.

Connor Cook found Keith Mumphrey, and MSU stormed back from a 20 point deficit

MSU won 42-41 behind senior running back Jeremy Langford’s 162 yards on 27 carries and three touchdowns. Connor Cook was shaky at best, but still managed to gut out the win.

MSU gave up nearly 600 yards through the air, but a late touchdown pass to Keith Mumphrey gave the Spartans the lead, and a late interception sealed the deal for the Spartans.

We will have much more from Arlington.

Share and discuss “MSU wins one of the most improbable Cotton Bowls. Ever.” on social media.