MSU football cruises past Penn State to reach double digit wins for fourth time in five seasons

No. 10 MSU (10-2 overall, 7-1 Big Ten) survived a slow offensive start that turned into a late resurgence to beat Penn State (6-6 overall, 2-6 Big Ten) 34-10.

Junior quarterback Connor Cook started the first half 4-of-13 for 52 yards with one interception. He ended the game 13-of-25 for 180 yards, one touchdown and one interception.

MSU has now won double digit games in four of the last five seasons.

MSU has also won 25 of their last 28 games.

The game started with early fireworks as sophomore wide receiver R.J. Shelton took the opening kickoff back 90 yards to give MSU an early 7-0 lead.

Sophomore kicker Michael Geiger added field goals from 36 and 39 yards in the first half to round out MSU's first half scoring.

A constant for MSU was senior running back Jeremy Langford, who finished with 118 yards following 30 carries and two touchdowns.

Sophomore quarterback Christian Hackenberg had a rocky game for PSU. He went 21-of-44 for 195 yards and one interception.

Hackenberg was hit and fumbled after a sack in the third quarter during the drive that followed a Jeremy Langford touchdown run. MSU recovered and scored with 4:29 left to play in the quarter on a touchdown pass from Cook to senior wide receiver Tony Lippett.

That touchdown made the score 27-3, and put the game out of reach.

PSU added a touchdown late in the third quarter but could not add more points to the scoreboard.

Langford added a touchdown with 2:49 to play in the game to make it 34-10.

MSU will now wait to see what bowl game they play in after the conference championship games.

Share and discuss “MSU football cruises past Penn State to reach double digit wins for fourth time in five seasons” on social media.