Events this week

Looking for a study break? There are a few different events going on in both East Lansing and Lansing this week.

Flashdance the Musical

Tuesday, Oct. 8 through Saturday, Oct. 12.

The pop culture phenomenon “Flashdance” is back in full musical spirit at the Wharton Center. The musical features the story of a Pittsburgh steel mill wielder who also is a bar dancer at night. The musical will include the biggest hits from the movie with an additional 16 new songs.

Ticket prices start from $32.

The Manhattan Project

Wednesday, Oct. 9

The Manhattan Project , a New York-based electronic band, will be performing at The Loft. Fans of Lotus, Big Gigantic, Paper Diamond and Zoogma will appreciate this show.The duo is known for their high-energy shows, unique beats and compositions. Glass Lux will open the show.

Tickets are $6 in advance and $8 at the door. Doors will open at 9 p.m.

SoMo

Thursday, Oct. 10

Fans of R&B, pop and hip-hop will be able to see artist SoMo at The Loft. SoMo had his first headlining tour last spring after the release of his mixtape “My Life.” Fans of Drake and Jake Miller will enjoy the show. Kid Slim will be the opening act.

Tickets are $13 in advance and $15 at the door. Doors will open at 8 p.m.

MSU Homecoming Parade

Homecoming week will culminate with the ultimate show of Spartan spirit — the homecoming parade. The parade will feature 60-plus student organization floats, the Spartan Marching Band, the MSU Alumni Marching Band, the MSU cheerleaders and Dance Team.

The parade begins at 6 p.m. in downtown East Lansing.

Share and discuss “Events this week” on social media.