Fantasy abuse videos, crack cocaine behind East Lansing sexual assaults, Wilder confesses

<p>Oswald Scott Wilder</p>

Oswald Scott Wilder

In a confession, the Vernon, Mich. resident accused of committing a string of sexual assaults near MSU this summer said smoking crack cocaine and watching fantasy abuse movies fueled his attacks.

Oswald Scott Wilder, 26, told law enforcement he committed three sexual assaults in locations throughout East Lansing between April 20 and May 16, Capt. Jeff Murphy told The State News on Friday. Wilder also admitted to an additional assault that reportedly took place March 30.

In his hand-written confessions obtained by The State News through a Freedom of Information Act request, Wilder said he had been smoking crack cocaine prior to at least three of the four attacks he is accused of. He said his sexual urges are increased by the drug.

Wilder apologized for his actions in one of three signed confessions and stated he was not in control of his thoughts.

Wilder is scheduled for a Sept. 24 pretrial conference in East Lansing’s 54-B District Court.

Wilder was originally charged with one count of first-degree criminal sexual conduct, two counts of second-degree criminal sexual conduct, two counts of assault with intent to commit sexual penetration and one count of gross indecency between a male and female by a sexually delinquent person. He is considered a habitual offender.

Court documents show Wilder will face an additional count of first-degree criminal sexual conduct and a count of unlawful imprisonment for a March attack that reportedly took place on the 1100 block of Grand River Avenue.

Wilder currently is currently being held in the Ingham County Jail without bond. If he is found guilty of the charges, Wilder could face life in prison.

Share and discuss “ Fantasy abuse videos, crack cocaine behind East Lansing sexual assaults, Wilder confesses” on social media.