Moster earns two weekly conference awards

Freshman defensive specialist Kori Moster celebrates a point during Saturday's game against Minnesota at Jenison Field House. Moster posted a career-best of 24 digs. Lauren Wood/The State News
Freshman defensive specialist Kori Moster celebrates a point during Saturday's game against Minnesota at Jenison Field House. Moster posted a career-best of 24 digs. Lauren Wood/The State News —
Photo by Lauren Wood | and Lauren Wood The State News

For the second time this season, MSU volleyball freshman libero Kori Moster earned conference weekly honors, being named Big Ten co-Freshman of the Week and co-Defensive Player of the Week after her performances in two games against ranked opponents.

Moster’s remarkable week began Wednesday, when she tallied 24 digs in a 3-1 victory over then-No. 21 Michigan. In that match, several of Moster’s digs came at key moments, fanning the flames of the Spartans’ momentum. She continued her stellar play at No. 23 Ohio State, where she recorded a career-high 28 digs in a losing effort. On the week she averaged 6.5. digs per set and had 43 service receptions without an error. Moster also has netted at least 20 digs in the past five matches.

The honor marks Moster’s second time in her career being named Freshman of the Week and first time being named Defensive Player of the Week. She shared both honors with Northwestern middle blocker Katie Dutchman.

Moster and the Spartans (16-6 overall, 5-5 Big Ten) will return to action Wednesday night when they take on the Indiana Hoosiers at Jenison Field House at 8 p.m.

Share and discuss “Moster earns two weekly conference awards” on social media.