Brian Allen selected by Los Angeles Rams in NFL draft

<p>Former MSU center Brian Allen speaks to the media at the NFL Combine on March 1, at the Indianapolis Convention Center. Allen was an offensive All Big Ten selection last season.</p>

Former MSU center Brian Allen speaks to the media at the NFL Combine on March 1, at the Indianapolis Convention Center. Allen was an offensive All Big Ten selection last season.

Photo by Matt Schmucker | The State News

MSU offensive linemen Brian Allen was selected by the Los Angeles Rams during the fourth round of the 2018 NFL Draft on Saturday.

Allen, a starting center for the 2017 MSU team, was selected as the 111th overall pick of the draft.

During the 2017 football season, Allen was notable for serving as a captain on MSU's team. He also helped lead the Spartans to a 10-3 overall season, improving from the 3-9 record set the previous year.

MSU football head coach Mark Dantonio released a statement regarding Allen’s pick by the Rams.

“We’re very excited for Brian Allen and his family,” Dantonio said in the release. “He enjoyed incredible success here at Michigan State, both individually and as a leader on our football team that won a lot of games during his career. Michigan State will forever be represented in the NFL, and we’re excited that Brian is the latest to join a long line of Spartans to play at the highest level of football.”

Allen said he will bring hard work to the Rams in a press release.

“Just a tough, hard-nose working guy, who’s going to do his job and do what’s expected of him,” Allen said in the release. “Just looking forward to getting out there again. Kind of overjoyed right now with all the emotions.”

Share and discuss “Brian Allen selected by Los Angeles Rams in NFL draft” on social media.