Trustees extend Dantonio contract, appoint interim dean, interim AD

Interim President John Engler, left, and interim athletic director Bill Beekman interact before the Board of Trustees meeting on Feb. 16, 2018 at the Hannah Administration Building. (Nic Antaya | The State News)
Interim President John Engler, left, and interim athletic director Bill Beekman interact before the Board of Trustees meeting on Feb. 16, 2018 at the Hannah Administration Building. (Nic Antaya | The State News) —

During the Board of Trustees meeting held Friday morning, four personnel actions were made.

The decision to extend the contract of MSU's head football coach, Mark Dantonio, to January 2024 was a unanimous decision across the board. 

During the meeting, the Board of Trustees also appointed Andrea Amalfitano as interim Dean of the College of Osteopathic Medicine. Amalfitano is taking the place of former Dean of the College of Osteopathic Medicine, William Strampel, who has been on medical leave since Dec. 14.

Vice President and Secretary of the Board of Trustees William Beekman was appointed interim athletic director. Former athletic director Mark Hollis announced his retirement on Jan. 26. 

Carol Viventi, an MSU alumna, was also appointed as vice president and special counsel to the president during the Board of Trustees meeting.

All appointments were unanimously made by the MSU Board of Trustees.

Share and discuss “Trustees extend Dantonio contract, appoint interim dean, interim AD” on social media.