Arrest warrants issued for three MSU football players in alleged sexual assault

<p>&nbsp;Freshman wide receiver Donnie Corley (29) runs the ball down the field during the game against Rutgers on Nov. 12, 2016 at Spartan Stadium. The Spartans defeated the Scarlet Knights, 49-0. <strong>Photo by Victor DiRita.</strong></p>

Freshman wide receiver Donnie Corley (29) runs the ball down the field during the game against Rutgers on Nov. 12, 2016 at Spartan Stadium. The Spartans defeated the Scarlet Knights, 49-0. Photo by Victor DiRita.

One day after the Ingham County Prosecutor's Office authorized charges for an alleged sexual assault that involved three members of the MSU football team, warrants for the players' arrests have been authorized by 54-B District Court Judge Richard Ball Tuesday.

Ball authorized warrants for Joshua King, Donnie Corley and Demetric Vance — all of whom were alleged to be involved in the rape at a University Village party on Jan. 16.

King allegedly brought the victim into a bathroom during the party, pulled her pants down and penetrated the victim against her will. Police then say King allegedly allowed Corley and Vance into the room, where the victim was allegedly forced to perform oral sex on Corley and Vance.

During the hearing Tuesday morning, King has been charged with one count of first-degree criminal sexual conduct, one count of third-degree criminal sexual conduct and one count of capturing/distributing an image of an unclothed person. 

Vance and Corley have each been charged with one count of third-degree criminal sexual conduct.

In a statement released shortly after the hearing, head coach Mark Dantonio dismissed the individuals from the team. 

“With the criminal sexual conduct charges filed against Josh King, Donnie Corley and Demetric Vance, I have decided that regardless of the final outcome of the criminal process, these three individuals have been dismissed from our program, effective immediately," Dantonio said in the statement.

Dantonio additionally shared his concern for the alleged victim.

“Sexual assault has no place in our community, and I want to share my deep concern for the young woman affected and her family," Dantonio said in the statement. “This is an extremely challenging situation that we have taken very seriously and has affected everyone in this program. The high standards I have established for this program will not change, and the values that we teach to everyone in this program will be enforced. I expect all of our players and staff to conduct themselves in a manner that reflect the ideals of this university.”

Karen Truszkowski, the attorney representing the alleged victim, said the arraignment for King, Corley and Vance could be as soon as Tuesday afternoon.

The criminal investigation is the last of three probes surrounding the situation. After the Title IX investigation that concluded on May 22, Truszkowski confirmed the three players were in violation of the university's Relationship Violence & Sexual Misconduct policy. 

The Jones Day law firm finished its independent probe on Monday and found Dantonio, along with other members of the football staff and athletic department, to be in compliance with the university's Title IX policy and found they did not hinder any investigation.

Dantonio and Athletics Director Mark Hollis announced they will hold a press conference at 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday.

Stay with The State News for more details. For instant coverage, you can follow @thesnews or @CHarrisonTSN on Twitter.

Share and discuss “Arrest warrants issued for three MSU football players in alleged sexual assault” on social media.