Monday, June 24, 2024

MSU football's Curtis Blackwell suspended with pay

MSU players bow their heads in prayer after the game against Notre Dame on Sept. 17, 2016 at Notre Dame Stadium in South Bend, Ind. The Spartans defeated the Fighting Irish, 36-28.

Update: 4:10 p.m.

MSU spokesperson Jason Cody confirmed that Curtis Blackwell has been suspended with pay.

“I can tell you that (Blackwell) is suspended with pay," Cody said. "I can’t discuss the details of any employee’s suspension or the circumstances or whether that suspension is tied to anything else that’s going on and being reported.”

Curtis Blackwell, the director of college advancement and performance for MSU football, has been suspended with pay, according to Matt Charboneau of The Detroit News.

Blackwell completed his fourth season at MSU at the end of the 2016.

According to Blackwell's biography on the Spartan Athletics website, one of his "primary duties is to mentor current student-athletes, with a focus on leadership, graduation and career objectives." Blackwell is also a part of the football recruiting staff.

Blackwell founded the Sound Mind Sound Body football academy for high school students more than 10 years ago.

MSU spokesperson Jason Cody and Assistant Director of Athletic Communications Ben Phlegar could not be reached for comment at the time of publication.

Stay with The State News for further updates.

Share and discuss “MSU football's Curtis Blackwell suspended with pay” on social media.