Five questions with MSU hockey: Joe Cox

Senior wingman Joe Cox (21) and Michigan defenseman Nolan De Jong (21) fight for the puck during the third period of the 52nd Annual Great Lakes Invitational third-place game against the University of Michigan on Dec. 30, 2016 at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit. The Spartans were defeated by the Wolverines in overtime, 5-4.
Senior wingman Joe Cox (21) and Michigan defenseman Nolan De Jong (21) fight for the puck during the third period of the 52nd Annual Great Lakes Invitational third-place game against the University of Michigan on Dec. 30, 2016 at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit. The Spartans were defeated by the Wolverines in overtime, 5-4. —
Photo by Nic Antaya | and Nic Antaya The State News

Each week, The State News will interview a member of the MSU hockey team and ask questions that aren't just related to hockey. Last time, The State News interviewed sophomore forward Mason Appleton.

This week, The State News interviewed senior forward Joe Cox.

The State News: The first (question) is your dream vacation?

Joe Cox: I would have to go anywhere in the Caribbean, somewhere warm where I could just kind of lay down and sleep in the sun and just kind of relax, not have any responsibilities. 

SN: And then, the second question is your favorite place to eat in East Lansing?

JC: I'm a huge burger fan, so I would have to say I love going to Five Guys just because they have great burgers and fries.

SN: So you can only have one song on your playlist for the rest of your life. What would that (song) be and why?

JC: I would have to go (with) the album "A Beautiful Dream." There's a couple songs on there like "Banana Pancakes" from Jack Johnson. I don't know, I kind of like that smooth voice that kind of just relax kind of play. So I would say something like that.  

SN: I told Mason (Appleton last week) I was going to interview you next week, and he asked me the question, "who is the best looking guy on the team?" He told me to name drop him, too.

JC: Mason? I'd give him the best looking redhead on the team. 

SN: And then, I'm going to (interview Ed) Minney next week. What question would you have for him?

JC: I would have to ask him who's his favorite captain he's ever played for?

Share and discuss “Five questions with MSU hockey: Joe Cox” on social media.