MSU Police respond to public masturbation, larceny

<p>Michigan State University Police Department on Aug. 29, 2015. Courtney Kendler/The State News</p>

Michigan State University Police Department on Aug. 29, 2015. Courtney Kendler/The State News

Photo by Courtney Kendler | The State News

MSU police reported an incident of public masturbation and resisting arrest during the evening on Oct. 28. Two witnesses, a 31-year-old male from Dewitt Township and a 23-year-old female from Hamtramck, MI were in the Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center parking ramp when they saw the suspect, a 62-year-old male from East Lansing, masturbating on the first level of the ramp. Police made contact with the individual, who had been drinking, and the suspect resisted arrest. 

A warrant was sought, which was validated in 54B District Court, where he was charged with resist and obstruct, disorderly conduct and obscene conduct. He has court dates scheduled for later in November.

Check out the other incidents for Nov. 3 from reports provided by MSU police Sgt. Florene McGlothian-Taylor.

Larceny from mail

An 18-year-old male in Rather Hall had $20 stolen from an enveloped addressed to him on Oct. 28 at 7:25 p.m. He found the envelope on the ground, opened, and it contained a Halloween card from his aunt. After contacting her, he was informed there should have been money sent as well. There are no suspects and the case is under investigation.

Possession of marijuana

On Oct. 28 at 9:26 p.m. an 18-year-old male in East Holden Hall was arrested for possession of marijuana. A staff member of the residence hall smelled something specific and called the police, who responded and arrested the suspect. The case is apparently still under investigation.

Fraud

On Oct. 20, a 55-year-old female employee at Shaw Hall said she received an email from her financial institution expressing fraudulent activity to her account. She told police an unknown individual had applied for unemployment in her name without her knowledge. The case is under investigation.

This does not represent every report taken by MSU police. For every incident's time and location, view MSU police's Clery Crime and Fire Log.

For the East Lansing Police Department, visit their crime map.

Due to the large number of crimes usually occurring during home games, individual reports are not detailed.

For a total number of incidents on campus during home football games, visit this previous story from The State News. For Halloween, see this story

Share and discuss “MSU Police respond to public masturbation, larceny ” on social media.