19-year-old male stabbed Sunday morning is MSU student

Update: Sunday, 3:00 p.m.: The East Lansing Police Department confirmed Sunday that a 19-year-old male MSU student was stabbed at about 1:34 a.m. early that morning. The student received non-life threatening injuries.

According to a previous MSU Police Alert, the stabbing incident happened at 334 Michigan Ave., which is the address of the Alpha Sigma Phi fraternity house.

East Lansing police officers were dispatched to a fight on the 300 Block of Michigan Avenue when they were advised of the victim of the stabbing, according to a statement by the ELPD.

East Lansing Fire Department paramedics were then dispatched and transported the victim to a local hospital.

There has been a stabbing incident at 334 Michigan Ave., according to an emergency alert from MSU Police that went out just before 3 a.m. Sunday morning.

The alert said the area has been secured, and students and East Lansing residents were encouraged to avoid the area if at all possible.

According to a follow-up alert from MSU Police, the victim received non-life threatening injuries. The weapon was recovered, but no suspect is in custody.

334 Michigan Ave. is the address of the Alpha Sigma Phi fraternity house. It's still unknown if an MSU student was the one injured in the stabbing incident.

Anyone with information about the stabbing has been encouraged to contact the East Lansing Police at 517-351-4220.

Share and discuss “19-year-old male stabbed Sunday morning is MSU student” on social media.