Tuesday, March 19, 2024

MSU wide receiver Macgarrett Kings on probation as result of DUI

<p>Stanford tight end Charlie Hopkins tackles sophomore wide receiver Macgarrett Kings Jr. during 100th Rose Bowl game Jan. 1, 2014, in Pasadena, Calif. The Spartans defeated the Cardinal, 24-20. Julia Nagy/The State News</p>

Stanford tight end Charlie Hopkins tackles sophomore wide receiver Macgarrett Kings Jr. during 100th Rose Bowl game Jan. 1, 2014, in Pasadena, Calif. The Spartans defeated the Cardinal, 24-20. Julia Nagy/The State News

Photo by Julia Nagy | The State News

When MSU head football coach Mark Dantonio announced that junior wide receiver Macgarrett Kings was suspended from spring football, the reason was unknown. 

On Wednesday, The Detroit Free Press reported the reason was the result of an DUI arrest on April 6.

Kings was sentenced to 13 months of probation on July 7. He was pulled over in Delhi Township on Jolly and Aurelius roads. Kings had a BAC of over .17, which means he fell under the penalties of the “super-drunk” law. According to the Free Press he has had to pay more than $1,700 of fines in addition to his 13 months of probation.

The Free Press reported that Kings has been playing with the second string offense during the summer. He has recorded no stats in two scrimmages with the team. Last season he recorded 43 receptions for 513 receiving yards and three TDs.

Share and discuss “MSU wide receiver Macgarrett Kings on probation as result of DUI” on social media.