COGS excited about potential Chittenden Hall renovations

The Council of Graduate Students, or COGS, is looking forward to the Board of Trustees meeting on Friday, as it gets the organization one step closer to the renovation of Chittenden Hall. Chittenden Hall will be a building solely meant for graduate students at MSU.

The historic building has been abandoned, and according to COGS President Stefan Fletcher, Chittenden Hall has not had an occupant since 1999. Speaking about the renovations, Fletcher said a lot of work would be going into making this building into a functioning hub for graduate students.

“There are two types of renovations: one is structure renovations … Second is all sorts of renovations to make the building the best facility it can be for graduate students to utilize,” Fletcher said.

He said COGS has worked on getting Chittenden Hall renovated for almost three years now. A separate building for graduate students adds credibility to graduate programs at MSU and increases and encourages collaborations between different disciplines.

“The board has been a sustained support to the project because of the professional value it has for graduate students,” Fletcher said. “Having one easily accessible location makes things easier for the students, it makes it easy to collaborate with all the graduate schools in MSU.”

Graduate student Ajith Chakkedath expressed happiness over the proposed building for graduate students and the possibilities it offers.

“It is always nice to have space for graduate students alone,” Chakkedath said. “That will be cool. Right now it is spread everywhere so we hardly get to meet or know graduate students of other disciplines.”

Share and discuss “COGS excited about potential Chittenden Hall renovations” on social media.