Thursday, November 27, 2014

Word on the street: What do you think of the commencement speakers?

Yesterday, graduating students commented on the announcement of MSU’s spring commencement speakers, Emmy Award-winning actor Tim Busfield, originally from East Lansing, and best-selling author Richard Ford, who is an MSU alumnus.

Although most students had not heard of either speaker prior to the interviews, after hearing about their roots and accomplishments the students said they were looking forward to the May 3 commencement festivities and hearing them speak.

“It’s pretty cool, it's not like some nobody off the street who is just affiliated with MSU. The actor seems pretty cool and the author (does) too.”

Matt Bednarczyk, kinesiology senior

“It’s pretty cool, it’s not like some nobody off the street who is just affiliated with MSU. The actor seems pretty cool and the author (does) too.”

Matt Bednarczyk, kinesiology senior

“It’s going to be really exciting to see someone that’s an MSU alum, and to be graduating and see all the great things that they’ve done.”

Levi Keepers, packaging senior

Levi Keepers, packaging senior

“I am looking forward to them, I’m very excited about graduation and so whoever speaks, I’ll be happy to hear them.”

Daniesha King, interdisciplinary studies in social science senior

“It will be nice to kind of have them return to their roots and be able to share their stories with students who are hoping to do the same thing.”

Rona Smart, graduate student

Rona Smart, graduate student