Emmy-winning actor Busfield, author Ford set to speak at commencement

<p>Busfield</p>

Busfield

Actor Tim Busfield and author Richard Ford will be MSU’s May 3 commencement speakers.

According to an MSU press release, East Lansing native Busfield, an Emmy award-winner, will speak to students at the 1 p.m. assembly at Breslin Center, receiving an honorary doctorate of humanities. International researcher Brian Harvey, who is a professor at Ireland’s Royal College of Surgeons, will also speak at that ceremony receiving an honorary doctorate of science.

Ford, a best-selling author, will speak at the 3:30 p.m. convocation at Breslin Center, receiving an honorary doctorate of fine arts.

“Tim Busfield and Richard Ford have made some memorable contributions to the arts, and I’m sure their passion and dedication will inspire our graduates – who are stepping out now onto their own life stage,” MSU President Lou Anna K. Simon said in the release.

Busfield’s most recognized work includes his roles on the TV shows “Thirtysomething” and “The West Wing.” He also has performed in “Field of Dreams” and “Revenge of the Nerds.”

Ford, an MSU alum, is known for his books “Independence Day,” “The Sportswriter” and “Canada.”

The ceremonies are free to the public.

Share and discuss “Emmy-winning actor Busfield, author Ford set to speak at commencement” on social media.